We'd love to hear how our products have positively impacted your hunting experience. If you have a Scent Thief success story you'd like to share, please send us an email to submit it for review. Your story could be featured on Facebook, Instagram or our web site.
How To Take Better Trophy Photos
Does this sound familiar? You spend all of your time preparing for the hunt that when you finally get your trophy, you're so excited, you forget to take a great photo. Taking a great photo is the perfect way to relive your hunt for years to come. So, drag that trophy buck out of the back of your pickup truck and take a trophy worthy photo!
Use these tips for taking the best photos of your trophy game, submit your photo and you might end up on our website, Facebook or Instagram!
- Have a good camera that you know how to use.
- Use cleaning wipes or a rag to clean blood off the animal and tuck the tongue back into the mouth.
- Wear camouflage gloves for the photo. Sunlight or camera flash can cause a glare on bare skin. You want to highlight the antlers, not your hands.
- Scenery – no pickup trucks! Choose an area similar to where you hunted.
- Find a slightly elevated spot, preferably with a sky background and angle the camera up towards the animal, not down.By keeping the camera at eye level with the animal, or slightly below, the antlers become the highlight of your shot. Lie on the ground if you have to.
- Tuck the legs under so the animal is in a bedded position.
- It might help to use props to hold the head up. Use rocks, logs, or anything in nature you can find.
- Keep the animal’s head above yours and try to place yourself behind the body of the animal, not directly behind the antlers.
- Make sure the camera is level or slightly lower.Shooting above the animal will make your trophy appear smaller.
- If it’s a sunny day, look for open shade or place the sun at your back. Take several photos with flash and several without to determine which looks the best.
- Don't forget to include your favorite Scent Thief products in the photo!